Tuesday, December 30, 2008
This is a page in my journal titled Imaginary Friends. I added a transparency of two little girls to the right.
This is a piece of clip art under a beautiful cathederal piece of cut work. I added crackle to the picture and went over the cathederal with golden fluid acrylics.
Monday, November 17, 2008
I'be been tagged by Mollye Self and Elizabeth Gold.
Here are the rules.
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay, six random things.
1. I am terrified, not just afraid but terrified, of lizzards. They are sorta like mini dragons to me.
2. I turned 60 today and still wear earth shoes and blue jeans. You know, kinda like a leftover from the 60s.
3. I didn't get a drivers license until I was 21. Not exactly sure why it took so long.
4. Am a junk food junkie. I have however, stopped with the candy bars but love cake and pies and such......for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
5.Love doing cemetery crawls getting photos of old, crumbly headstones.
6. Love horror films. Not the new slasher stuff but the old black and white flicks. Something mysterious got lost in the new vampire/ghost movies.
Six people I am tagging.
1. Sharon at http://www.allnorahsart.blogspot.com
2. Judy at http://www.judywise.blogspot.com
3. Zorana at http://www.zoranaland.blogspot.com
4.Cetta at http://www.cettacheese.blogspot.com
5. Ingrid at http://www.ingriddijkers.blogspot.com
6.Viola at http://www.saray-viola.blogspot.com
These blogs are wonderful eye candy and very interesting to read. Enjoy.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I do not know what got into me to do this doll since I've not made a doll in the last several years. This took on a life of it's on, so to speak, because it definitely was not what I had in mind. Ah well, dolls have a way of doing that. The head is paperclay. I tore fabric in strips and made the body and arms.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
This is a new book to be altered. I seem to have a strange fascination with house books. I used a tarot card ordered from Alpha Stamps on the right side page. She has the coolest stuff. Now we know what I've been doing when I should have been working on art bags to sell. Hmmmm, I think I have an attention disorder. Cannot stay on track with anything.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
I got the bright idea to mount all my unmounts onto cling sheets. I didn't even remember what stamps I had let along how many. Yeah, I'm still trying to finish up that monumental task. I started ordering cling sheets and retrimming all my stamps onto those. Now I'm putting "Tack It Over Again" to the backs and mounting them with that stuff. Much faster. I did get my mounts out of boxes so I can see what I have.
This piece is unfinished. I will load another photo when I finish it.
Experimenting with cloth. I coated a piece of fabric that I did not like with two coats of gesso. then added spray washes (Tim Holtz) and embedded a piece of cheescloth I had ran through the printer. Next I added crackle paste.
I found these old photo's in a antique store. The guy on the far right is so handsome. I'd have given some one a run for her money over this guy.
I started this altered book about a year ago and have made little progress. I think I just get involved in too many other projects. None the less, I've got a long way to go before finishing this book. It is themed on old antique photo's. I love the verse on the right page. It is quite true, I try to remember what the voices of my loved one's sounded like but only vaguely recall.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
After a very busy summer, I finally am back to art. I will participate in a RR with the theme of Inspiring Women so am almost ready to mail my book. I had to coax my granddaughter to help me get this stuff photographed but here is my first page and my sign-in pages as well.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
I've been awarded the Arte y Pico award by Ellen. Thank you Ellen, I am honored.
Arte y Pico is meant to be paid forward to five bloggers who you want to recognize for their creative talents, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community...helping to make the world a better place, one blog post at a time! I've chosen five people I do not personally know but admire their work.
1. Gail Blair at paperwhimsey.typepad.com
2.Linda East timelesstreasuresofleast.blogspot.com
3.Ro Bruhn robruhn.blogspot.com
4.Corrine Stubson at glitz-oh!girl.blogspot.com
5.Karen Owen at karenink.typepad.com
If you have been selected for the award, please pay it forward, following the steps below:
1. Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of language.
2.Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog so everyone can view it.
3. Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has giver her or him the award.
4.The award winner and the presenter should post the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Please pot these rules!-Be my guest to copy and paste from here.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I think there are times when we open a journal that is just a blank white page we mentally go blank as well. I've added some visual interest and color to these. Many times people just don't like to write in them so these are for drawing, doodling, etc as well as writing.
This piece is almost finished. I will add beads and stuff then a cord strap.
I set up at Canton, Tx. , a huge market with all kinds of mixed arts, craft, jewelry, etc. and did awful. I think the price of gas along with recession has hurt this place along with every place else. Anyway I have been creating some cute bags with cord attachments and will give this thing one more try.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Saturday, March 01, 2008
This is a paper mache house I started altering in January. While it seemed it would be a fairly easy task, not so. The house lid had to have a lot of revamping to make it sit properly on the house.
Anyway I will upload pic's of the inside of the house later.